***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***

Update 8/17 - New board going live today.

Update 8/14 - ***Migration work continues. Estimate Go Live to new board 8/17***

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Back button - always goes to top of page

mchamden1 ·  
mchamden1mchamden1 Members  541WRX Points: 101Posts: 541 Golden Tee

Sorry, not sure if this had been addressed, or even how to best describe.
When I used to click on a post, read, and hit the back button (mobile, Safari), it would automatically return to the spot where the original post I clicked on was. Now it always goes to the top of the page, so I lose my place. Not the biggest deal, but annoying!

Posted:
Ping G400 Max 9*// Diamana ‘ahina 70S
Callaway Super Hybrid 17* // Tensei Pro Orange 80S
Ping G25 Hybrid 20* // TFC 189F S
Mizuno 919 Forged 4-GW // KBS Tour V 110S
SM7 Raw 56.14* 60.04* // S200
Black Lab BL-1 // Mid Slim 2.0

Comments

• clinkinfoclinkinfo Members  941WRX Points: 230Posts: 941 Golden Tee

Actually, I've noticed odd behavior as well with the back button, on all platforms/browsers, but it's a little different.

No matter what device I use, when I click back it immediately goes "back" to the spot I was on. However, the screen is momentarily frozen and then will suddenly reload. In the reload, it will then move up and put me higher up on the page as well.

This seems to be the only site that has this behavior, and agreed, it's super annoying because you keep loosing your place!

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  7452WRX Points: 1,520Handicap: 3.9-9.3-7.7 (Health issue)Posts: 7,452 Titanium Tees

This seems to be the only site that has a LOT of strange behaviors. LOL

The paging , scrolling, etc. on this software is terrible. Has been from Day 1.

I don't have a "Back" button as I use a MAC but the normal effect of hitting the back button, as I understand it, s/b the same as hitting the back "arrow" to the left (usually) of the URL in your address bar; that is to take you back a PAGE, not relocate to a previous position on the same page (unless you got to that spot on the current page by hitting a link).

Hang on guys. Rumor is there's something afoot,,,,,,,,,,,,

Posted:

I’m not sure why you don’t think you have a back button on a Mac, you do. But regardless, the back button is supposed to take you back to the page you just left in the position you left it at when you clicked through. In all cases, that’s what it will do EXCEPT here. Here it does that, and takes me to the exact correct page location, but then Immediately freezes. A few seconds later, the page reloads on its own and I’m in a different location.

Posted:
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  7452WRX Points: 1,520Handicap: 3.9-9.3-7.7 (Health issue)Posts: 7,452 Titanium Tees

Correct, the back button should take you back to the previous page AND the location on that page you were at when you went forward. I'm not surprised at anything this software does when scrolling, going back, jumping to a previous quote, whatever.

And I don't mean to get into an argument, but while I think there is a way to re-code my "Delete" button to be a "Back" button, I don't see ANY button labeled "Back".

Don't need it anyway since my hand is virtually always on the mouse and a 2 finger swipe to the left goes "back".

Posted:
    Post edited by nsxguy on

• hurley999shurley999s Members  846WRX Points: 422Posts: 846 Golden Tee

The back button on a Mac is literally the arrow pointing to the left at the top of a Safari browser.

that said, on mobile this issue has been persistent and is infuriating.

Its the only website that I’ve used that has this kind of crap behavior. It reminds you of those stupid web ads that immediately pop up after the page loads and when you go to click, your page jumps and you click the ad.

anyway, here’s some further feedback - not that it’ll be used for anything because I’ve posted it before...

when you click to go back, everything OP said happens. There is some nuance to it though. If you click back and don’t touch anything else, the page will appear to be where you left off, reload, and then go back to where you were. The key is you can’t touch your screen at all - no swiping or anything. It’s frustrating because you have to wait 5+ seconds each time for this whole operation to conclude.

If you click back then swipe or try to click a different link, when the page freezes and reloads, it will stay at the top.

Lose lose either way.

Posted:

Understood. And I mentioned the browser's back button as well. I referred to a back button on my MAC and @clinkinfo said I have one on my "MAC". Perhaps that's the disconnect with that.

But like clink mentioned earlier there are definitely issues related to THIS site, especially when scrolling within a page.

e.g. I scroll up away from your post, click on clink's profile and come "back". Instead of coming back to clink's post where I clicked on his username, it comes back to YOUR post, i.e. where I originally came to this page, not where I was when I left it. Other sites work properly and always go back and forth from where you were on the previous/next page, scrolling or not.

Now, that said, I am on a desktop and both you and the OP specifically mentioned "mobile" so I suppose there could be some differences there as well. Mobile browsers, as I'm sure you know, are typically "reduced" versions of the real thing. Also there are condensed versions of the site to reduce data usage and the full desktop version, which can be toggled back and forth on your mobile.

Anyway, when I go "back" from this page to the forum listing it does NOT go back to the top of the page. The topic to get here is in the same position as it was when I last came here, so that part works on the desktop. But giong forward and then coming back here always goes to your post - which is how it got here from the forum listing.

Let's hope the next wrx is a more common and much more feature-rich. Hopefully that won't be too far away.

Later

Edited to add - when I clicked on "Post Comment" and my post was added it STILL wne to the beginning of your post so I would say clearly the software is not holding onto your last position on the current page but instead holding onto the original point where you first GOT to this page.

A "bug" ? Or a "feature" ? LMAO

Posted:

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • HackerD  HackerD Student of the game Members  3239WRX Points: 191Posts: 3,239 Titanium Tees

This has been said but you need to let page finish loading after you hit back button, then you’re good. Unfortunately that can take several seconds. And I think it only happens when you start from the Recent Discussions list. If you’re browsing straight from one of the forum pages it doesn’t seem to happen. Maybe Recent Discussions refreshes which takes a little longer....

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5°
    Adams Tight Lies Ti 3w
    Cally X2 Hot 3H
    Ping Crossover 3-4H
    Ping G410 5-UW
    Cally MD4 56.10
    SC Studio Select Newport 2

This site does load very slowly and I doubt it's just the ads.

Posted:

that doesn’t work for me, the page is fully loaded and hitting back still causes the freeze and reload

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.