***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***

Update 8/17 - New board going live today.

Update 8/14 - ***Migration work continues. Estimate Go Live to new board 8/17***

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Bridgestone J40

G.Review ·  
G.ReviewG.Review Members  533WRX Points: 3Posts: 533 Bunkers
What do you think?<br />
<br />
Posted:

Comments

• Scratch2PlusScratch2Plus ChicagoMembers  2208WRX Points: 68Posts: 2,208 Platinum Tees
    Looking for some new wedges for next season and the Stones look great. Simple design and I like simple. Hope they feel and play as good as they look.
    Posted:
    TI TM M3 (might be illegal G)~ Tensei CK Pro Orange 60s
    TM M2 Tour HL ~ GD AD F75
    RomaRo Type R Ute ~ GD UT 85
    Titleist VG3 ~ Nippon 130s
    Vokey Cold Forged Copper 50*/55* ~ TI Raw Vokey V grind 60*
    Ping Cadence TR
    ProV1x

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members  3324WRX Points: 892Handicap: 6Posts: 3,324 Titanium Tees
    3GWrX09 wrote:
    <br />
    Looking for some new wedges for next season and the Stones look great. Simple design and I like simple. Hope they feel and play as good as they look.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Hit them off a mat, and they felt great... spinner shafts are the defaults.<br />
    <br />
    They look great as well.
    Posted:

As of 6/5/20
    9.5 Cobra LTD Pro with Aldila Silver 110 X
    13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha X
    18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce X
    6-PW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0
    5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400
    4 iron / utility Sub 70 699 with Proforce 85 gram X
    50, 54, 60 Vokeys
    Tank Counter Balance #7
    Driver and Putter are set for now. Wedges are safe for time being.

• Par ForePar Fore Members  1294WRX Points: 57Posts: 1,294 Platinum Tees
    What is the price on the wedges? I've seen all the photos and read everything, but haven't seen a price point on anything, any info out there
    Posted:
  • shootermcgavin2shootermcgavin2 Members  1292WRX Points: 50Posts: 1,292 Platinum Tees
    i think retail is like 109,99 or something.
    Posted:
  • MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members  3324WRX Points: 892Handicap: 6Posts: 3,324 Titanium Tees
    ghoSt2K wrote:
    <br />
    i think retail is like 109,99 or something.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Pretty sure 109 is correct.
    Posted:

As of 6/5/20
    9.5 Cobra LTD Pro with Aldila Silver 110 X
    13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha X
    18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce X
    6-PW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0
    5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400
    4 iron / utility Sub 70 699 with Proforce 85 gram X
    50, 54, 60 Vokeys
    Tank Counter Balance #7
    Driver and Putter are set for now. Wedges are safe for time being.

• MarcB1MarcB1 MarcB1 Members  45WRX Points: 35Posts: 45 Bunkers
    Call or email Discount Dan's. Their price is fantastic. I bought these and have been practicing for a month with them. I'm really enjoying these. I like the setup and I'm getting used to the spinner shafts. Played a round on 03/05/12 and they performed and felt amazing. I'm very pleased with my purchase. Previous wedges were Cleveland 588's.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • pjcpjc In The Middle Members  616WRX Points: 117Posts: 616 Golden Tee
    Could anyone comment on the size of the B-stone wedges. Are they comparable or the same size head as say the Mizuno MP R or MP T line?<br />
    Thanks.
    Posted:
    Srixon Z-TX 10.5* OG MRC Diamana BB 63 S
    Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5 wood 18* MPF Pro Series FWY S
    Srixon Z 565 4-PW Nippon NS Pro 980GH DST S
    Cleveland CBX 50* and 56* TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge/S
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 Rossie black/Lamkin deep etched
    Srixon Z-STAR
  • hondafanshondafans Members  68WRX Points: 31Posts: 68 Bunkers
    Like the j15 better
    Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bridgestone j715 9.5[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bridgestone j15 hybrids 1,2,3,4,5[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bridgestone j40 dp 6-W[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bridgestone J15 50, 56
    [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping Shea Putter[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sun Mountain H2NO & Sync/i][/font]
  • Rookie1422Rookie1422 Members  159WRX Points: 35Posts: 159 Fairways
    I'm still carrying a set of J40's, but unfortunately this is he year I'll have to upgrade. The j15's are nice but I'm most likely going to vokeys or macdaddys.
    Posted:
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX  4841WRX Points: 556Handicap: 3.2Posts: 4,841 ClubWRX
    Still using some J40s myself... the 58* has been incredibly versatile. Great shape to these wedges.
    Posted:
    Taylormade M6 9*
    Titleist 917f2 16.5* 
    Titleist 915h 21* 
    Srixon Z745 4-P
    Mizuno T20 50, 54, 58
    Taylormade Spider Tour red 34"

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.