***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***

Update 8/17 - New board going live today.

Update 8/14 - ***Migration work continues. Estimate Go Live to new board 8/17***

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Steve Stricker - WITB January 2020

2»

Comments

• llamontllamont Members  1916WRX Points: 166Posts: 1,916 Platinum Tees

Strick’s setup is pure class... Seems fitting for a Champions Tour WITB as those guys seem to play what feels better. Find what you like and stick with it. That Vessel is sweet too!

Posted:
    I love golf
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • weckweck Members  19WRX Points: 45Handicap: 8.8Posts: 19 Bunkers

Go Stricker. Digging the old trusty clubs and carry bag. Would like to see more of this on the tours.

Posted:
  • JokesJokes Members  241WRX Points: 80Handicap: +2.0Posts: 241 Fairways

Does anybody know what flex he played in his c taper Protos in previous irons?

Posted:
    SIM 9 | Tensei White 70TX
    SIM MAX 15 | Tensei White 80TX
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3 Iron  | Dynamic Gold 120X
    P7TW 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X100
    MG2 50, 54, 60 | Dynamic Gold S400
    Scotty Cameron Concept 2 Super Rat
  • WSUWarriorPGAProWSUWarriorPGAPro Members  37WRX Points: 41Posts: 37 Bunkers

I think they were S+ if not X. They should've been 130 gram for weight, from what I remember reading somewhere.

Posted:

Driver: Titleist 917D3 8.5*, Matore Speeder VC Tour Spec 6.2 S

Fairway: Titleist 917D3 13.5*, Matore Speeder VC Tour Spec 7.2 S

Hybrid: Callaway Apex #2 18*, Graphite Design Tour AD Di 9 HY S

Irons: Titleist AP2 712 3-PW, DG S400

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM 7, 56.14 and 60.10, DG S400

Putter: Scott Cameron Studio Select Newport

I'm actually a PGA Member and a club pro. I'm currently a free agent, so if it works it goes in the bag!!

There is not much rust on those "old" Vokey raw wedges. Unless he's cleaning them with steel wool regularly, I would guess that they actually are "new", but old stock he has at home. Those guys get access to 100's of wedge heads and could change them out each week if they wanted to. He may just be recycling wedges that are actually in great shape that are laying around his home. I'm pretty sure with that set up he is not under contract with any one particular company any longer. He's using what he wants to and works from past experience. I am surprised at the Cally 3 and 4 irons, though. different shape than the 755 Titleist heads, but may be more forgiving with the newer technology than those old things from years back.

Posted:

I'm actually a PGA Member and a club pro. I'm currently a free agent, so if it works it goes in the bag!!

I remember those satin PX shafts. I did like the feel of those. When they were discontinued and brought back, but in chrome, I didn't like the feel of them any more. Not sure why. Anyone know why that would be? What the difference is between the old PX satin shafts and the "new" PX chrome shafts?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • whatshanneninwhatshannenin Members  2230WRX Points: 112Posts: 2,230 Platinum Tees

I'd argue the fact that he does NOT change to new stuff, further proves the point it IS the arrow....not the Indian. It would appear he is very particular about everything. I love how guys have always said that phrase "He's so good he could beat you with...." etc....Of course they are talented and could play well in spite of poor equipment (see the old Phil vs Tiger equipment debate) however you have feel players that rely heavily on things feeling the same and don't want to change for fear it will throw timing and distances off....which new irons these days with spin rate and launch changes have done that. Not too mention ball, I'm willing to be he plays an older version of the Prov1.

Posted:
  • mjbfybmjbfyb Members  453WRX Points: 272Posts: 453 Greens

Steve has ditched the 913 for a Mavrik. He appears to have ditched the 755’s too. He’s using some sort of KBS shaft in his irons.

Posted:
  • Sean2Sean2 Members  32920WRX Points: 3,500Posts: 32,920 Titanium Tees

I wonder how much bite is left in those wedges.

Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• JokesJokes Members  241WRX Points: 80Handicap: +2.0Posts: 241 Fairways

Just looked on ghetty images and looks like he is using t100 irons.

Posted:
    SIM 9 | Tensei White 70TX
    SIM MAX 15 | Tensei White 80TX
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3 Iron  | Dynamic Gold 120X
    P7TW 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X100
    MG2 50, 54, 60 | Dynamic Gold S400
    Scotty Cameron Concept 2 Super Rat
  • MUNIGRITMUNIGRIT Members  351WRX Points: 188Handicap: 7Posts: 351 Greens

Lol my golf buddy games those irons and he bought them at a used rack at Nevada Bob's in AZ.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, IllinoisMembers  6632WRX Points: 1,923Handicap: 8Posts: 6,632 Titanium Tees

That's so true! My favorite store to go to when I have some cash burnin' a hole in my pocket!

Posted:
    Titleist TS2
    Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
    Titleist 818 H2 19 Hybrid
    Titleist 816 H2 23 Hybrid
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    TM ATV grind 56
    KZG Forged 60 LW
    Bettenardi Studio Stock #3 F.I.T.
    Snell MTB 

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right
  • Joe85Joe85 Members  3950WRX Points: 216Posts: 3,950 Titanium Tees

I salvaged a set of those 755s out of a dumpster behind a golf shop several years ago. 4-PW but I sold them. The 4 iron "755' badge on back had fallen off/out (which is why I'm guessing they tossed them). I sold the 5-PW. Stiff flex. I should have kept them. I think I only got like $50 bucks for them on the 'Bay. They must be the TRUTH for Strick to love them that much.

Posted:
    Titleist 983E 8.5*
    Sonartec SS03 14*
    Ping i3 17* Titleist 585h 21, 24*
    MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 5-PW
    Solus 51,56,61
    Seemore Si4
    WITB Link
  • BlakesterBlakester Members  1482WRX Points: 110Handicap: 11Posts: 1,482 Platinum Tees

Titleist 755 irons was the 1st "nice" set of irons I ever had. Got fit on a local range by the local Titleist rep. Actually just bought a used set off of ebay, PW-4, for $99 to keep at the beach. They are in great shape.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero, Diamana D+ 63g Stiff
    Callaway XR 5 wood, Project X LZ 6.0
    Callaway XR 7 wood, Project X LZ 6.0
    Titleist 915 H 24*, Diamana D+ 82 HY Stiff
    Ping i500, DG S300 105
    Ping Glide 2.0 54 & 58, Ping AMT Stiff
    Scotty Cameron CA Monterey, 35"
  • CoJo5434CoJo5434 Members  130WRX Points: 30Handicap: Pro Posts: 130 Fairways

Stricker is a legend! I still have that 913 Tour issue head as a backup. So nice. Also the Apex Pro 3 iron is so interesting with the PX

Posted:
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 MaineMembers  20366WRX Points: 943Posts: 20,366 Titanium Tees

I never really got why he used to use so much rebar in his clubs and low lofts in his woods. I remember at one point he was using V2 Tours in 86x, 96x, 102x, and those things were beefy.

He wasn't really a fast swinger, even though he was obviously long enough to be on tour. I am guessing he must not like feeling a lot of flex in his clubs? Does anyone know?

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.