***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***

Update 8/17 - New board going live today.

Update 8/14 - ***Migration work continues. Estimate Go Live to new board 8/17***

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

First milled putter

Steve31 ·  
Steve31Steve31 Members  7WRX Points: 55Posts: 7 Bunkers
Joined:  edited Aug 11, 2020 10:12pm in Putter Mods and Micro Putter Artisans #1
I just recently acquired a machine shop and have been thinking about getting into making some milled putters, this is my first attempt at a nice simple design. Extremely excited to start making some more complex putters, still have lots to learn though. Let me know what you think.
Posted:
Post edited by Buzzkill on

Comments

• masamitsumasamitsu Members  2511WRX Points: 142Handicap: 4-6Posts: 2,511 Titanium Tees
    Nice looking putter for your first attempt. Looking forward to seeing how you progress...
    Posted:
    Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
    Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
    Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • alexdubalexdub Don't check out of your hotel Rocco UtahMembers  1164WRX Points: 188Posts: 1,164 Platinum Tees
    That looks awesome. More pictures?<br />
    <br />
    I love the design—wide cavity, thin top line, angular neck, and angled bumpers. It looks like 50/50 split between an Anser and a Pal. You're on to something here, keep at it.<br />
    <br />
    Posted:
    Clubs: Ping G400 Max • Callaway 816 5w • Ping i25 3-W • Ping Rustique 50* & 58* • Betti BB1 Short Slant
    Shafts: Aldila Rogue White 60x • PX 8B4 • DGTI x100 • DG s300
    Balls: Titleist Pro V1 • Srixon Z Star XV
  • Steve31Steve31 Members  7WRX Points: 55Posts: 7 Bunkers
    Thanks Alex, never thought of trying a sound slot, I am going to put one in the next prototype. The original design was supposed to have a welded on hosel that was positioned back a bit in the flat spot so there is a ton of offset on this one. I will keep updating this thread when I have more stuff made, looking to get as much feedback as possible.
    Posted:
  • brosie4brosie4 Members  17WRX Points: 37Posts: 17 Bunkers
    Nice work - like the design. Congrats on getting started.
    Posted:
  • the.batmanthe.batman Members  89WRX Points: 1Posts: 89 Bunkers
    That head looks awesome- congratulations. Maybe there is an artisan, milled putter market you need to break into!<br />
    <br />
    I know next to nothing about machining, but are you doing any reverse engineering regarding balance? I'm assuming putters have some sort of balance, face/back, toe/heel?
    Posted:
    Here is an overhead shot of it beside my Newport 2.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • dwooderdwooder Members  68WRX Points: 0Posts: 68
    Thats pretty awesome, I run a machine shop but havnt made time to make me one.<br />
    <br />
    Main question, how does it roll?
    Posted:

4 years later and I finally have found time to start making putters, used this one for the first time in a round a couple days ago and shot a new personal best -1.

Posted:
  • MattM97MattM97 Members  1628WRX Points: 708Posts: 1,628 Platinum Tees

Just followed your IG and hold up lefty and Made in Canada? Where are you located if you don't mind me asking?

Posted:
    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S
    Fariway: Ping G410 LST - 13.5° - Aldila 2KXV Green 75X
    Hybrid: Ping G410 - 19° - Tensei CK Orange Pro 90TX
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Callaway MD4 Raw 56° - Callaway PM19 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - TP Mills Handmade Trad II SIK Tour Proto - and many more.
    Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
    Bag: Ping Pioneer 

Instagram:

Posted:
  • MattM97MattM97 Members  1628WRX Points: 708Posts: 1,628 Platinum Tees

Nice, can't wait to see what you come out with. Not enough putter makers in Canada.

Posted:
    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S
    Fariway: Ping G410 LST - 13.5° - Aldila 2KXV Green 75X
    Hybrid: Ping G410 - 19° - Tensei CK Orange Pro 90TX
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Callaway MD4 Raw 56° - Callaway PM19 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - TP Mills Handmade Trad II SIK Tour Proto - and many more.
    Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
    Bag: Ping Pioneer 

Instagram:

Advertisement
  • BuzzkillBuzzkill Marshals  6621WRX Points: 595Handicap: 3Posts: 6,621 Marshals

Cleaned topic. Just a reminder to you folks posting here - this is a hobby and let's keep it at that, thanks!

Posted:

Handicap:  3

This discussion has been closed.